Search This Blog

Sunday 23 March 2014

A new Kitchen - Utter exhaustion

I'm usually a glass half full person, but this weekend has been a trial of strength & determination which nearly reduced me to a quivering wreck. I was really pleased that the fitters carried all the boxes of stuff into the kitchen before they left. If they hadn't I doubt that I could have done it. As it was my pacemaker simply couldn't cope with just putting stuff away & cleaning up a bit.

In doing that I discovered that the under unit lighting looks dreadful - all the black wires showing. To be fair you don't see it when you are standing, But I imagine you will when sitting at the table. There is something wrong with the electrical load too - the fuse box tripped 4 times over the last 2 days. I also discovered that some of the self close doors don't. The main problem is the larder cupboard, so I can't put anything in it till  someone puts it right. The Installation Manager couldn't come on Friday as promised by the Area Manager, no one had checked his diary. So he's now coming on Wednesday.

I did a mega food shop yesterday intending to cook myself some tasty, real, food for supper. But when it came to supper time I was too exhausted to cope with the cooker instructions. So I ended up with frankfurters because I could cope with the hob! Must get to grips with the technology today, before I'm too tired to wrestle with it all.

At least I'm going to Maryon's for a proper Sunday lunch today so that should set me up to wrestle with the cooker & combi microwave.




No comments:

Post a Comment