Search This Blog

Thursday 20 March 2014

A New Kitchen - "Don't count your Chickens!"

Good news - Washing machine on an extension lead so 2 wash loads done & plenty clean knickers! Bad news - no appliances actually commissioned. Fitters & tools gone.

I obviously shouldn't have been so self congratulatory that a site meeting had cleared up all the issues over Wrens fitter & my electrician doing the electrics. My electrician is coming tomorrow to do the lighting - great. But I really want to be able to cook & put food in the fridge freezer. (An over priced pasta take away last night was the final straw & my taste buds are rebelling).

More good news - I have been able to unpack quite a lot of my kitchen contents & put them into cupboards. However, I needed to be restrained, because I don't want stuff in the electricians way & have to move it again.

Bad news - the replacement worktops have been quoted at £2,500 more than the ones that were no good. They are a better quality it's true, but after all the hassle I've put up with I would have thought that they could do a better price than that. Tomorrow will be the 16th anniversary of camping upstairs. Currently Wren have an extra 20% off the sale price & I have been advised that if you still have an open contract they have to apply that to you. I'm not holding my breath, but if anyone knows do tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment