Search This Blog

Monday 10 March 2014

A new kitchen - customer dissatisfaction.

This may turn into a marathon rant!

I texted the fitter last night to find out what time he would arrive today. No response till quite late when he said his current job had overrun, he had just finished & could he come this afternoon. I said OK. My electrician was scheduled for today to move sockets & put in downlights because the fitter said he didn't want to do it & it should happen on the first day. Too late for him to change jobs, so he arrived on time. But he couldn't finish because he needed to liaise with the fitter, so had to leave.

When the fitter hadn't arrived after lunch I texted again. He hadn't finished the last job & was still working there. Said he wouldn't now arrive till tomorrow. So Electrician messed about, I missed an appointment waiting in at lunch time, and the job put back a whole day. This probably means it will go into the weekend or next week, which will be a real pain. Camping upstairs isn't fun & eating take aways quickly palls.

Jobs do overrun. The unforseen arises. I accept that. What I don't accept is that I'm not informed of the delay. When was someone going to tell me if I hadn't texted? Why don't people who provide goods & services realise that good communication is the key to customer services & satisfaction? An awful lot of aggravation could be avoided & in this age of communications technology I really don't think there's any excuse.

As it is, I'm really p.....off. Not a good start to a dream kitchen. I hope Wren get their act together, because if this pattern continues I'm not going to be at all happy.


No comments:

Post a Comment