Search This Blog

Tuesday 18 March 2014

A New Kitchen - Oh Dear

After the site meeting, the fitter suggested putting the worktops onto the base units so I could see what the whole thing looks like - A good idea. It hadn't been possible in the showroom when I ordered. I had, however, pointed out in December that the edging strip, which was either a grey / beige stripe, (awful), or just a dark grey, (also completely the wrong tone for the warm, glittery, gold flecked top), wasn't good. The beige colour in the striped one was much better if I could have it without the grey stripe. Anyway I never got a response, so ordered & hoped it would work because I really like the "Galaxy Dove" worktop itself.

The edge just didn't work with the warm sage colour of the units & the exposed wood which the wine rack is made of also made the edging look worse. So we have to have a plan B. Fortunately Wren will take the worktops & upstands back & I can chose something else & pay the difference. It just means more delay because they will have to be made specially. Now it's down to choosing the colour for the walls & the glass splashbacks. The sage coloured glass the designer had suggested wouldn't look right. You can't just have clear glass with the wall colour behind, because apparently flies can get behind the glass & expire in full view!

Decisions, decisions. But I have got 3-4 different worktops to chose from & I have been out to get some matchpots of paint. Just waiting to hear from my electrician & decorator now. Supposedly the appliances will be fitted by the end of today, a temporary worktop will support the sink & hob & the rest of the base units will be covered by cardboard sheets. There is no shortage of that!

2 comments:

  1. I’m impressed with the special and informative contents that you just offer in such short timing.
    Friendlysleep.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was quite a while ago now Harry, but if you read the whole string "My Wren Kitchen" you will see that it was quite a disastrous experience. I wasn't at all impressed with Wren, but I am still very pleased with the kitchen itself. From what I have heard Wren's organisation & project management is still not good.

    ReplyDelete