Search This Blog

Friday 21 March 2014

A New Kitchen - A step Closer?

No response to emails yesterday about connecting appliances. Apparently it had been stuck in the managers "Drafts" & not sent till late afternoon when I had logged off. This morning it's been agreed that my excellent electrician will connect up the appliances & certify the electrics & Wren will pay him. The supposed issue about the combi microwave didn't exist. So, by tonight I will be able to cook & store food in the fridge freezer.

Finally a response form the Area Manager, who is sending out the Installation Manager for a site visit. Just waiting for a response to my request for a better price on the quartz worktops as some sort of compensation for all of this hassle.

It's such a shame. The designer was good, the product is good, the fitter was good. What let the company down was the lack of communication, information & joined up thinking. Successful companies have learned the lesson that the core of their success is really good customer service & satisfaction. If that's in place the customer will recommend the company & the business will grow by word of mouth, (& modern communications technology). If it's not at the heart of their company ethos & mission statement, the business will get a poor reputation & ultimately suffer the consequences.

My kitchen will be lovely when it's finished. I will enjoy working & eating in it. But that won't be for about another month & it's already been going on over a period of 3 weeks. I doubt this would happen in northern & eastern European countries who have a meticulous work ethic. British companies have improved customer service enormously. Maybe I've just been unlucky - but I doubt it.

PS
The next thing I knew was a conference call late this morning with the area manager, the showroom manager & someone else, (didn't catch what she did). Wren isn't going to pay my electrician, they are going to refund me a sum of money which they say was the appliance installation cost. But as I was never told what this was, they could just pluck a figure out of the air. They are reducing the extra cost of the worktops by £233. Hopefully the missing door & lights will appear & the fitting of the cornice & cooker hood can take place next week before the fitter goes on holiday.

So, with a fair wind & a bit of luck, by the end of next week all that I'll be waiting for is the worktops & splashbacks. Just 3 weeks for what was supposed to be one weeks work.

No comments:

Post a Comment