Search This Blog

Monday 17 October 2016

A Dog is for Life - 3

The thing is that Bandit has Duracell batteries & I don't. I've got the cheap Ikea ones! It's quite a revelation. I knew that I have to pace myself & not overdo things & rest, but I wan't expecting this. I found it quite difficult to do my normal half mile swim today because of all the extra walking taking Bandit out for training & toileting.

Although he is a small dog, having him on a lead is having an impact on the Fibromyalgia in my arms. Bending down to put his lead on & take it off is not doing my heart problems any good. I'm having bad hot sweats & get breathless. I'm also finding it really difficult to unclip his collar or harness because my hands are bad.

None of this is what I was expecting. All the problems are because of my health, not his behaviour. The real problem is that all my health issues are chronic. None are going to improve, quite the opposite.

I still think I should give it a week. But I do need to make my mind up because I don't want him to be upset by another return to the Blue Cross when we have bonded. At the moment I could just be another foster owner.

No comments:

Post a Comment