Search This Blog

Friday 19 February 2016

Reasons to be Cheerful

In no particular order:-
  • I can see, hear (with the aid of modern technology), & I've got my own teeth, (even if I'm wearing Invisilign braces at the moment).
  • I can swim every day if I want to & the pool is easily within my walking distance.
  • I've got good friends & a small, but perfectly formed family.
  • I can do what I want within reason - freedom to choose without compromise & enough money to do it.
  • I have my own comfortable home, in a great city, but very quiet.
  • I have easy access to good transport links, theatres, cinema, & world class museums & galleries.
  • There is a M&S food store 5 mins walk away, not to mention about 8 restaurants as near, so I can eat well without having to cook from scratch every day.
  • I've got more books than I will live long enough to read.
  • My doctor & dentist are just round the corner & I can get a bus to the best hospitals in the world.
  • My computer is my lifeline to the world & I love it.
  • I probably have enough clothes to last me till I depart, so don't have to go shopping. 
  • I'm alive, maybe not quite kicking, but "compos mentis" enough to be independent.
I could go on, but you get the picture. There are negatives - life isn't perfect. The only thing I really want is a dog. Something to welcome me home & get me out of the house to walk whatever the weather.

I am very lucky. I can live with myself without being depressed. So many people are not in a similar position

No comments:

Post a Comment