Search This Blog

Wednesday 24 February 2016

A New Ensuite - 2

The first 2 days were capping off the plumbing & stripping out. Today & tomorrow are going to be carpentry - floor & a wall. There are plusses. Not all the walls have to be stripped of tiles. All has gone smoothly so far. Unlike my kitchen saga the installers arrive when they say they will, do a full days work & don't clear off for hours or even days.

The minuses are the dust everywhere, the noise & the van loads of rubbish for the tip. But I'm confident it will be worth waiting for.

Yesterday's highlight was that RH brought his gorgeous chocolate Cocker Spaniel Bella with him. He is going to breed from her when she comes into season soon. I may well be tempted even though I said I don't want a puppy or a pedigree dog. That would be a bonus.

PS
Shouldn't have said it! My carpenter D discovered a leak from the boiler this morning. The plumbers who installed the new boiler didn't connect a pipe from the boiler to the waste, so it must have been dripping ever since inside the boxing in. It became obvious because the boxing in was opened up to install the new WC. It is easily fixed when RH comes back tomorrow, but so annoying when you have trusted someone to do a professional job. AND it was dripping on an electrical connection!

On the plus side - A man knocked on my door around tea time yesterday & asked if the sanitary ware in my car port was going to the tip. If so could he have it. Absolutely delighted that it was taken away there and then & will be re-cycled & used in his house. He is a teacher with 4 children so I imagine he will be pleased to save a lot of money. That's the bonus of living in a city. Stuff does get recycled by passers by.

No comments:

Post a Comment