Search This Blog

Thursday 6 November 2014

Losing your grip

I suspect I'm not alone in being frustrated, irritated & thoroughly annoyed when I can't open things. I have a  tin of Kiwi shoe polish which is beyond my capabilities. It has also defeated a round sheet rubber opener, a really meaningful metal, gripping opener & a screwdriver. All because the little twist lever doesn't go under the lid & push it open.

I admit that my hands aren't very strong having been injured by several bad falls. However it shouldn't be beyond the wit of wo/man to design a simple opening mechanism. Then there is the opening of jam & Mayo jars for example. Also some film covered plastic containers & tetra packs.

Why don't manufacturers understand that we purchase their goods because we want to use or eat the contents? Why make life so difficult? I don't want to have to attack packaging. Some manufacturers have done something about this - Hooray for them. I want easy access & a life with as little irritation as possible.

Is it so much to ask?

No comments:

Post a Comment