Search This Blog

Friday 14 November 2014

New Kitchen - the Final Straw

I applied for a M&S credit card last week. I heard a couple of days ago they were refusing me because of my poor Experian Credit Rating! Shock. Horror. Being a woman of independent means I simply couldn't understand what the problem could be. There have never been any issues before. When I contacted M&S they looked into it & said it's because I have a very big outstanding debt. We finally came to the conclusion it must be something to do with my Wren Living kitchen.

I must digress & remind you, dear reader, that all did not go smoothly with this kitchen installation. (See the "My Wren Kitchen" link). The kitchen was finally finished after 27 weeks 3 days. I was never given a Certificate of Completion or a Quality of Work Survey so I never signed off on it. I also didn't have any paperwork relating to any direct debit arrangements for payment. Furthermore, according to the Area Manager (G.C) who came to discuss the job with me on site, my kitchen was supposed to be being referred to the new department set up to deal with complaints & negotiate a compensation settlement. (I gathered that there were a lot of complaints, but none quite as bad as mine). So as far as I was concerned I didn't know how much I actually owed them.

Having heard nothing I sent an email to the CEO (A.S), the Area Manager (G.C), & the Installation Manager (D.F), on the 30th July. (The Oxford shop manager at the time of my order & installation had been demoted & left so I didn't include him). I reminded them that I was expecting to hear from them. Nothing, zilch, nada, rien, absolute resounding quiet.

So then, on advice, I sent them another email at the end of August pointing out that I had heard nothing & was not prepared to keep chasing them for proper closure of the contract & payment. Since then complete & utter silence.

When I was refused a credit card I rang the Oxford Wren Living store. I discovered that both the Area Manager & the Installation Manager no longer worked for Wren. (I don't know when they left, but they don't seem to have been replaced). What a surprise. If it was me I would have abandoned the sinking ship too.

To add insult to injury it seems possible that I may be being charged interest on the non payment too!

I was told to send details of all this to a special email address, starting with the official sounding "directors office......." Still no response, nothing, zilch, nada, rien, deathly hush. If it weren't so serious it would be laughable. I really am at a loss what to do next. But I am sending this link to the "directors office...." Someone must be alive there.


1 comment:

  1. Dear Val

    An email has been sent from the Directors Office at Wren Living so please refer to the email response they have provided.

    Due to Data Protection and security we will not be discussing any sensitive information on a public forum.

    Kind Regards, Wren Living

    ReplyDelete