Search This Blog

Friday 21 November 2014

A Financial Services Web

I now know why I had a poor Experian credit rating. I now know how much I owe Wren, how I am supposed to pay the money & what my Agreement reference Number is to enable me to hopefully be able to get information on the Barclays Partner Finance  / Clydesdale Financial Services website. I know this because I sent an email to the B / C website asking for information - Not because Wren had done anything about informing me. Obviously I should have received documentation about all of this a long time ago. Instead I found out that I was technically in debt for a large sum of money when I applied for a credit card. What would have happened if I hadn't done that?

I was still waiting for Wren to respond to my communications & negotiate a compensation sum for the 7+ months of my kitchen installation. How naive. I have now had the documentation in order to sign off on the project from the new Wren manager in Oxford. I should have had it months ago. No surprise there then.

What I didn't know is that I am in debt to Barclays / Clydesdale. This, as I understand it, is because Wren borrow the money from them for their sales & I pay their debt back to B / C. This means that B / C do not have any responsibility for complaints. It also means I have no choice but to pay the total amount even if I dispute it because of my compensation issue with Wren. So I have no leverage. To be fair B / C have now formally notified Wren that there is a complaint. This means Wren have to respond to me within 40 working days. Over 6 months - I wonder if that's enough time! If they don't I can go to the Ombudsman. Great!

I would have thought that a responsible company, who valued their reputation & good customer service, wouldn't dream of waiting that long. I would expect that they would be keen to negotiate & resolve the matter.So far there is a deafening silence from Wren. There are other routes I can take, but I would rather have my life back & get this sorted & finished with.

This financial set up feels dodgy to me. I think there are questions about it on the web, so I'm not alone. It doesn't seem to be in the customers interest at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment