Search This Blog

Thursday 20 November 2014

Gym - Instruments of Torture

I have been referred to my local Leisure Centre Gym. Oxfordshire have a great 12 week programme for people who need to use a gym for medical reasons. This involves 2 assessment sessions & me turning up for 45 minutes 2 -3 times a week. Not just turning up - actually working out for 45 minutes. On machines.

Couldn't imagine anything more boring!

So far I can do the walking machine - much faster than my normal pace in case you, like me, couldn't see the point. (20 mins) I can also do the cycling machine, much to my surprise. The seat position leans backwards & I don't have to bend forward for the handlebars, so don't get backache. So far, so achievable. However the legs is another matter. But I did 15 minutes. The real killer is the cross trainer. In the first instance my arms & legs were all over the place. And I always seemed to be going backwards. However, determination won in the end & it now knows I want to go forwards. But I can only do 5 minutes & then I'm completely jelly like. It's a real instrument of torture for me. Not my thing at all.

And this is all supposed to be doing me good. I will strengthen my muscles & be heaps fitter according to my GP & that will help with the pain. May even lose weight.

It's not that I don't believe him. I'm sure he knows what he's subjecting me to. I'm just struggling with the concept of torture being beneficial. I'll take my MP3 next time & see if music helps.


No comments:

Post a Comment