Search This Blog

Friday 2 March 2018

(Let's) Exit Brexit!

I am completely fed up with the lot of them - UK & Europeans - Remainers & Leavers - Pundits & Experts. I am tired of opinions. I am tired of speculation. I am particularly tired of rigid thinkers who can't see beyond their own point of view - In fact, can't see that any other point of view is possible.
Image result for Jokes about Brexit

I am sick to death of Brexit's domination of the Press & the Media. There is a whole world out there. Not everyone in it is navel gazing, as we are, about this one issue. There are actually more important things happening. Life & death issues. Ecological issues. Our Parliament is letting everything else concerning the UK & the World fall by the wayside at the altar of Brexit.

I want to set up a new movement. "Lets Exit Brexit!" I would only allow sane, intelligent, thoughtful & balanced people join. People who didn't have an axe to grind - Who didn't have status or power or profit or income to protect - That would exclude many Politicians & Captains of Industry I realise. How refreshing that would be.

I wouldn't be in charge - I don't have any delusions of Dictatorship. (Who in their right mind wants to run a country in the 21st century?) There would be a small group representing various interest groups - Food Production, Manufacturing, Health & Welfare, Justice, Education for example. This group would seek reliable, evidence based, opinion about each issue facing both the UK & the wider context of Europe & the World. We would be truly democratic. We would aim for consensus.

In todays world we are part of a complex system. What the individual does affects other individuals. What a country does affects other countries. No single entity can avoid this ripple effect. What we do or don't do matters in the micro or macro environment.

OK - So it's not going to happen. We will continue on this self destructive & deluded path.

At least I'm not young, so I won't have to live with the aftermath of this .
Image result for image for Quote another mess you've gotten me into


No comments:

Post a Comment