Search This Blog

Tuesday 27 February 2018

Wash Day - My Beautiful Laundrette

Well who would have thought what a chance conversation with my daughter about how frequently I wash my pillows & then borrowing 2 drying balls would lead to?

So, today I've had a clear out of my cupboards. I changed my duvet to a higher tog rating because it's cold & washed my summer weight duvet. Thinking about it I didn't think I had ever washed it! So, I took it to the laundrette two minutes walk away - how convenient is that? £7 wash & 2x £1 drying & its all fresh & new.

I can remember when I was first married & did all my washing at the laundrette or I hand washed it. Then when my daughter was born & I had towelling nappies to wash we bought a Service Twin Tub washing machine. I thought I was in heaven! Actually it was a pain with hoses to fill it with water & to drain the spin dryer. That was exactly 50 years ago. It was years before we could afford a front loading automatic.



Fascinating Servis Twin Tub Washing Machine 58 On Small Home Decor Inspiration With Servis Twin Tub Washing Machine 
I can't remember when I was last in a Laundrette, but it was a very long time ago. It all came flooding back. The bags of service wash, the out of order machines, the general grimyness of everything, the broken floor tiles, the numerous notices telling you what to do & not to do.

But it was an oasis of calm in my normally too busy day. I read the paper. I read my book. I watched the washing go round.

I must go there again & wash everything in sight. It's so relaxing & peaceful. Having clean duvets & pillows is just a bonus!

No comments:

Post a Comment