Search This Blog

Saturday 3 February 2018

2 : 5 Fast Diet.

Good news - In 5 weeks I have lost 11lb. Bad news - Most of that, 10lb,  was in the first 2 weeks. Since then I actually gained weight one week & then have been static at the 11lb loss for a couple of weeks. So, I'm pleased to have lost an average of 2lb a week, but I wonder what's going on that I'm plateauing.

Anyway I'll keep at it. It isn't that difficult so long as I can swim at lunchtime & keep busy - No problem with that - Actually a bit of downtime would be good.

I haven't measured anything - I'll leave that till I've been doing it for 2 months. I just weigh myself in the morning every week. I'd like to get rid of some waist fat, (visceral fat). Apparently that's the most dangerous & the most difficult to lose when you are over 60. It "interferes with liver function -- increases your risk of heart disease and sets you up for type 2 diabetes". Great!

Apparently - "If you intervene with diet and exercise, belly fat will shrink. A study published in the journal Obesity in 2012 showed that after one year, post-menopausal, overweight women who participated in 45 minutes of cardiovascular exercise five times a week and who reduced their caloric intake, experienced a notable reduction in their body mass index, waist size and percentage of body fat". www.livestrong.com

Well diabetes doesn't appeal at all, so "no pain, no gain" or rather "no pain, some loss".
Image result for Images for losing weight jokes


No comments:

Post a Comment