Search This Blog

Friday 6 June 2014

Big Feet

I have just trailed round Oxford shoe shops & gone on line to try to get a pair of flat shoes for summer. In my youth I was 5ft 9" which is quite tall for a woman. I have now shrunk into old age, but my feet don't know that. Also, my arches seem to have fallen. Consequently I need a size 9 shoe. I am not alone in this. Even young women today are taller & have bigger feet.

The problem is that shoe manufacturers don't seem to have realised this. Being able to get a size 9 in any shoe in a shoe shop, never mind about style or colour, is like looking for the Holy Grail. I don't want to wear dowdy lace ups or velcro strapped old ladies shoes either. Similarly when looking on line, you may find shoes which are made in a 9, but they are usually out of stock. You would think that would send a message to the manufacturers wouldn't you?

Many major shoe retailers don't do anything over a size 8. I haven't been looking at cheap shoes apart from M&S. I've  been looking at premium brands & retailers like Ecco, Gabor, Jones, Clinkards, Clarks & LK Bennett. The only retailer I know who do all their shoes from a 4 - 9 is Lands End.

I really don't get it & I'm really p..... off. Am I supposed to go barefoot?

No comments:

Post a Comment