Search This Blog

Friday 13 September 2013

Reunited!

After 2 weeks without one of my suitcases filled with clothes, including all my nighties & pyjamas, they were finally couriered on Wednesday. It has been a week of several positive moves in the right direction. The Stressless 2 seater settee, which the removers couldn't get up the stairs & said they couldn't dismantle, was successfully moved by one man with a screwdriver on Tuesday! (3 removers unable to do it!) The bill will be going to the removal company.

Also on Wednesday 3 good friends, K, C & D, visited from Newbury, (they brought their own biscuits too - not to mention flowers & chocolates). But best of all they solved a problem I had no idea about. My 3 seater reclining settee hadn't been put back together properly by the removers - big gap you could fall through. It was too big for the space in the sitting room, so their brilliant idea was to put the 2 ends together to make a 2 seater which fitted perfectly. The middle bit is going into my bedroom. I had no idea you could do that so would never have thought of it in a million years. D also set up my stereo so I can dance around in the space created by getting the settees sorted. The combined brain & muscle power of us pensioners is awesome.

Today's treat was discovering a Sainsbury's superstore 10 minutes away & getting some proper food in. It took me most of the morning, normally I'm faster than the speed of light. Tonight will be home made smoked salmon pasta in a creme fraiche sauce. Cook chill & take away's pall after 2 weeks.

So, apart from the death throes of my boiler, I think this week has been fairly productive. One of the cheeriest moments was videoing D and D doing a tango & exchanging a rose from mouth to mouth. Don't ask!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment