Search This Blog

Monday 9 September 2013

Boiler Rage

I have been here for 11days & for most of that time I have had no hot water / central heating. The lovely Gus has been twice & has now signed the death warrant of the boiler. The immersion also seems to have packed up too. The fault was noted by me & my surveyor & a condition of the purchase was that it should have been fixed by the vendor before I moved in.There had been a fairly catastrophic leak which has apparently done permanent damage, resulting in a permanent, intermittant problem with the pump overheating & causing "lockout". (I'm getting very familiar with central heating innards).

It's now going to cost £2,500 for a new boiler. I am hoping that the vendor will fullfil his obligations because the last thing I want to do is take legal action. Sometimes I do wonder if some greater power is testing me for sainthood. Not that I feel saintly - I'm very p.....off! At least the telly works.

I will just have to order a crate of wine and ignore all the problems.

2 comments:

  1. You have a very good case , just because of this statement: 'The fault was noted by me & my surveyor & a condition of the purchase was that it should have been fixed by the vendor before I moved in.'

    Get your Solicitor to swiftly approach the Vendor's Solicitor stating that since the repair was not made good prior to Exchange, you will be contra-charging the Vendor at whatever costs you are charged to fully install the heating & water systems. I'm sure your Solicitor will put it more succinctly and in legal-speak but clearly, the Contract was broken and either you will intend charging for costs or expect a refund to cover those costs.

    Not a happy bunny for the last two weeks then! At least you could drink yourself into a stupor behind closed (locked) doors though!! (PT, USA)

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Happy Bunniness" is on the far horizon at the moment. Just want to sort this quickly & amicably.

    ReplyDelete