Search This Blog

Sunday 1 September 2013

Friends - a prize beyond compare.

I am a very lucky woman.

This morning D & D arrived to see the house & help in any way they could. A goody bag including Dr Seuss "Oh the places you'll go", a bottle of wine, fruit, & a mug for tea in case I hadn't found mine! We all tried to work out the central heating & hot water - didn't succeed. But they did come up with practical suggestions & went away to find a TV engineer because none of the TV sockets work, and went online to get a Velux window pole because the owner hadn't left me one & you could expire in the top bedroom with the windows closed!

This afternoon A & N arrived & set to with gusto, again giving me practical ideas, moving furniture, getting rid of rubbish. N is a very practical man & got the cooker working, showed me what isolators are for & discovered all the maintenance work that hasn't been done by the owner as agreed. He advised that I should contact my solicitor & the agents because "the house is not fit for occupation". He couldn't understand the heating & hot water either! I hope that I can resolve this with the nice maintenance man employed by the owner rather than going the legal route though.

My son in law's mother popped in with a lovely plant. His brother helped me with the computer. Maryon has not only helped, but made sure I eat, & taken me swimming at Summerfields. I finally got round to opening my post & cards, (which cheered me up no end).

Just when I've got to the point of being overwhelmed by it all someone arrives & literally saves me. Not just in a practical way, vital as that is, but by cheering  me up & lifting my spirits, which I think is a even more important. I am very touched by such generosity.

It's really nice to know I'm not alone.


No comments:

Post a Comment