Search This Blog

Wednesday 28 August 2013

Leaving

What a lovely day to be doing the final pack before leaving tomorrow. Sun shining & beautiful views to remember.

The last chunk of money was in my account first thing & transferred to my extremely competent solicitor Gareth without a hitch. Huge sigh of relief.

Removal men came around 8am & just got on with everything. Fortunately I was up & dressed! My cleaner Sarah came & did horrible jobs like the oven, the freezer & the fridge while I got on with vacuuming up the spiders, dust & woodlice where furniture had been moved!

Several friends came round to offer help & say "au revoir". A good excuse to stop working, have a cup of tea, & a real pleasure to see them.

Now it's 5pm & I'll stop soon to go for supper with my friend Sarah. Then a last night here after 10 eventful years. It really feels it's happening now. Oddly, I'm not sad or particularly excited. It just seems the right thing to do at this point in my life.

One door closes & another door opens.

No comments:

Post a Comment