Search This Blog

Sunday 4 August 2013

Networks

Today has been very emotional. I'm leaving all my support networks behind when I move.

This morning was the first Sunday of the month, so it's coffee morning for the group of women I swim with. We are a disparate group, but we have been friends for several years and we do other stuff together as well as swim. Today was my last coffee morning before I move & they had bought me a photo & frame & my friend Margaret had made me a lovely card with a really touching sentiment inside. I had no idea they would do that & I will miss them.

Then I was invited to what I thought was a quiet lunch with my lovely neighbours opposite. Quiet it wasn't! My friend Cilla does mass catering at the drop of a hat & definitely should have been a party planner. (I'm thinking of asking the Middletons if they need help!) It was wonderful because all of my neighbours were there - All 11 of them. We get on well & they have all been really good to me since I've been on my own. There isn't a single one who I couldn't go to if I was in trouble, & I have been. I know that I could rely on any of them. In this age of selfishness & isolation that is pretty good going. Sometimes we focus too much on the negatives. I think that the majority of people are basically kind and good. But I have definitely been extremely fortunate.

I really have no idea what's in store for me after I move. It is a leap into the unknown. I really doubt that I can build up a network of such lovely friends again. But I will remember all of the ones I have now & I hope I can hang on to them.

No comments:

Post a Comment