Search This Blog

Friday 30 August 2013

Complete Mental & Physical Exhaustion

A 7am start & the removal people didn't leave my new home till after 7pm, despite part loading the day before. The crew said that the estimator had completely underestimated the time needed & the van capacity. Great! They couldn't get 2 wardrobes & a 2 seater settee up the stairs to the first floor & said they didn't have the manpower or equipment to raise it up through the window. So I'm left with the problem to solve.

They didn't do what I wanted with the computer, i.e leave the wires attached to the peripherals, so I can't set it up till I find a wire which seems to be missing. Boxes went to the wrong rooms despite my best efforts. Some boxes they packed didn't say where they came from & old labelling hadn't been crossed out.You can barely move in the house for boxes even though we unpacked masses while we were waiting for the men to unload. So all the surfaces are covered with stuff too. Although I got rid of a huge amount of stuff before moving there simply isn't enough cupboard space to put it all.

There was no info in the new house, so I have no idea how the systems or appliances work. We couldn't operate the lock on the front door when we tried to leave! Downsizing is very difficult when you don't have a garage, shed, or loft to get rid of stuff.

All in all I'm in meltdown. I had to get up at 3am to write down the stuff that was buzzing around in my head. Simply couldn't think or do anything useful today. However I went for a swim this afternoon & gave up trying to achieve anything.

Tomorrow is another day.

2 comments:

  1. All I can offer, is the analogy regarding 'How do you eat an Elephant? ... One bite at a time!'

    Despite best efforts on your part and accepting the estimator just got the sizings incorrect, you have to get all the static out of yourself and then after a time, begin to pace for the long haul. Presumably, you have now been able to engage perimeter security (front & rear door locks), so that's a step in the right direction!

    I think it will be a while before you think everything's ship-shape & Bristol-fashion but ... just pausing a while here and watching an Eastern Box-turtle (Tortoise, as we would say) amble across our driveway in hot sunshine ... mixing my metaphors, being the quickest is not always the best solution in the longer term!

    Like an old Cadbury's advert for a milk chocolate-bar ... 'Take it easy!'. (PT, USA)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wise words O Enlightened one. Today I am functioning on all cylinders.

    Val

    ReplyDelete