Search This Blog

Thursday 1 August 2013

Keeping your word

It's a really odd saying when you look at it. Keeping it where? In a box? Up your sleeve? I'm beginning to think that it is fairly meaningless today. Things used to be done by agreement between two parties who undertook to do something. Unless there was a very good, unforeseen, reason to back out it was accepted that " your word was your bond".

This morning I had an early phone call from my solicitor alerting me to an email saying the owner of the house I'm supposed to be buying can't / won't complete on the day which has been agreed for weeks - ever since the offer was accepted. I tend to be someone who says "how high?" when someone else says "Jump!" So all through this process of buying and selling I haven't delayed anything. The vendors solicitor has.

Now, when my house is sold, the removal men are booked & my possessions are disappearing around me on a daily basis, suddenly everything is up in the air. Again.

Enough is enough. I have decided to walk away if this can't be resolved. It simply isn't worth the stress & distress. I'll pay the bills, rent & start all over again. It really shouldn't be like this though. I seem to have had real problems with both my buyer & my vendor. I must have done something really bad in a previous life!

No comments:

Post a Comment