Search This Blog

Friday 4 March 2011

Busy Doing Nothing

I don't do "nothing"- Calvanistic work ethic deeply embedded in my psyche. So forced idleness due to cataract op simply not posssible. I have done:-
  • Crosswords & codewords.
  • Cleaned out some cupboards & drawers.
  • Read - "Mirrors of the Unseen - Journeys in Iran" by Jason Elliot. (Not an easy read, but very interesting, especially on Islamic art & architecture). 
  • Listened to the radio & CD player.
  • Drunk many cups of tea / coffee & eaten biscuits & cake.
  • Walked every day so far for at least half an hour - (to counteract the effects of the previous).
  • Paperwork & Emails.
  • Some housework.
  • Spoken to friends & my daughter on the phone.
Oh for the ability to drive - (No accessible buses in my rural area). But the vision is so much better it won't be long - Certainly not the 2 weeks I was told to expect. I haven't seen this well since Primary school. Spring is coming, the weather is glorious & the Gloucestershire countryside is beautiful. Maybe I can garden this weekend?

Calvin has a lot to answer for, so has my mother! Maybe after two eyes I will be a new me in more ways than one.

No comments:

Post a Comment