Search This Blog

Sunday 6 March 2011

The Complexity of Life

How did life get like this? (See my rant about Banks & Insurances). My BT phone contract came to an end yesterday & I wanted to change to Primus, a cheaper provider. So I rang BT today to find out what was happening about the contract. A huge & inappropriate menu of choices to make on the automated system resulted in conversations with 3 different people in different departments. The upshot was that they say they sent me a letter a month ago, which I didn't receive, & they have now put me on a new one year contract which I have to pay a penalty to get out of.

What right do companies have to put customers on new contracts without permission to do so? Why do the people in phone centres have such limited powers to address problems properly? Why the reluctance to let customers speak to Customer Service Managers when the problem isn't being resolved - I do realise it is Sunday. (A BT C.S. Manager is supposedly going to ring me tomorrow - I won't hold my breath.)

But most of all, why do we have to waste huge amounts of time trying to ensure that we get a decent deal as customers?

I could also go on about Royal Mail. This isn't the first letter I haven't received over the last few months. To state the obvious you don't know you haven't received something if you didn't know it was coming. How many black holes do they have in their sorting offices? If I was the Queen I'd be distancing myself from them or publishing a disclaimer! 

No comments:

Post a Comment