Search This Blog

Thursday 28 November 2019

Yin and Yang

Yin / Yang - Dark / Bright - Negative / Positive. Seemingly opposite or contrary forces may actually be complementary, interconnected, and interdependent. Like my husband & me. Completely opposite personalities, politics, ways of operating, interests... but it worked because we complimented each other.

If you look at the colour wheel, opposite colours are complimentary.
Image result for colour wheel image" 

In magnetism experiments opposite poles attract, same poles repel.

We often see this seemingly counter intuitive idea in everyday life. Look at your friends, are they all of the same mind as you? Do they look like you? I realised that many of my good women friends over the years have been quite tiny - I'm 5' 8". 

My point is that we should value difference. We should listen to other points of view. We shouldn't have expectations that others should share our opinions.

We should understand & value duality. We all have aspects of both Yin & Yang in ourselves. Duality creates dynamism. We need both dark & light, negative & positive. But there needs to be a balance between the two.

No comments:

Post a Comment