Search This Blog

Monday 1 January 2018

Time

Image result for Time quotes 

There are a lot of quotes about time - What it is / isn't - What to do / not do with it - Lots of good advice. Basically I think the only time that is relevant is now. This moment. Maybe that is the perspective of age though.

My conclusions are :-
  • Time should be spent with people you like / love / have things in common with / enjoy being with.
  • People who are interested in you too & enjoy being with you.
  • Time should not be wasted on self absorbed people or "toxic" friendships / relationships.
  • Time should be spent doing what you want to do not what you have to do - (that can wait a bit)
  • Best of all time should be spent doing things you really enjoy. Fun things. Things that make you feel good & make you laugh.
  • Time should not be wasted on remorse, regret or recriminations. The past has gone & can't be changed.
  • If time was a £100 note you wouldn't throw it away, so don't throw away your time.
Over a lifetime I have wasted a lot of time on people who were "drains" & on doing things I didn't want to do. I have tried to please other people instead of pleasing myself. I have found it very difficult to say No when I should have done so. I have also sometimes been task oriented instead of people oriented, so there are people I should have spent more time with & been more understanding with.

But I am me & that was then. Now I know better, but that is what age & experience is about.

I'm not making any resolutions - I will try to value my time though - (Just saying in case any of my friends are surprised if I don't immediately say yes to something).

No comments:

Post a Comment