Search This Blog

Friday 19 January 2018

Misfit - Is it me or my Activity Tracker?

My device simply does not work. It does not register my swimming half a mile 5 x per week. It will not synch with my iPad, but does with my phone. The sleep monitoring seems to register when you lie down & get up, rather than when you actually go to sleep & wake.

I spent a huge amount of time trying to get it set up. The "Quick Start" guide is anything but! It's worse than useless. The whole process is not intuitive or user friendly. I had trouble finding & downloading the apps you need to see the display on your phone.

I have now spent a huge amount of time emailing with Misfit customer services who couldn't rectify any of the problems. I got a replacement yesterday, but not a Speedo Shine, just a Shine 2. I will have to purchase a swimming app! It appears that the Speedo Shine has been discontinued. (Why am I not surprised?) I imagine that's why there are so many Speedo Shines for sale on Ebay.

Looking at the display on the phone is not as good as it would be on an iPad. (It's very small). The only reason I bought the Speedo is because I swim so much.

What can I say. It's been a disaster & now I've got to set up the new one. There are times when I think that technology is a pain in the ass & complete waste of time & effort.
Image result for quotes about exercise 
Maybe just exercising is simpler.

Update - I have now asked for a refund because the Shine 2 didn't work either. Looking at the forums I'm not alone in having problems. I don't need a tracker to tell me when I go to bed & get up as opposed to when I actually sleep. I've got a pretty good bedside clock for that. I also don't need a tracker to tell me how long I swim for, there's a clock in the pool. You are supposed to tap the "watch" to start & end swimming, but neither watch responded reliably to being tapped when wet!

Very put off trackers now.

No comments:

Post a Comment