Search This Blog

Monday 20 March 2017

Returning to Normal

Two weeks on from the accident I'm taking stock.

I'm going back to my volunteering jobs this week, really pleased not to be letting people down. I'm swimming, still only breast stroke & sculling on my back. Still very slow & less lengths, but it is helping I'm sure, & I always see friends there. I'm back on Warfarin now, so my INR should get back to normal. Resuming my Psychology course too.

Just as well things are improving because I am due to go to a school reunion at the weekend & then to Seville for a mini break next week.

I have a discernable raised ridge from the bridge of my nose up my forhead which is tender to touch. I'm not getting the bad headaches, just slight aching at times, but my brain feels odd - fuzzy - I'm not confident in my memory. Still no recollection of Monday the 6th until the evening. My left elbow is also tender. My left arm & shoulder & my neck are the most painful ongoing issues.

I'm seeing my Osteopath on Wednesday, so it will be interesting to see what she makes of the injuries.

The body has amazing powers of recuperation - I just need to give it time. Time is at a premium at my age though & I try to make the most of it. This last fortnight has been stolen from me. But on the plus side friends have been lovely - very concerned & supportive.

No comments:

Post a Comment