Search This Blog

Monday 13 March 2017

Slow road to Recovery

Today I walked to the surgery for a Warfarin blood test because I was told not to take it after the head injury. Very slow progress & tired out when I got there. I arrived 2 hours early for the appointment, despite a calendar, diary & weekly wall chart with the right time on! The nurse was surprised I hadn't been referred to a trauma clinic. Seeing my GP tomorrow.

It's a lovely day but I haven't got the energy to do anything. I've cancelled my volunteering again this week. I see no prospect of being able to resume swimming, given that I can't raise my left arm & it's quite painful. I have to raise the arm using my right hand. Dressing & showering is difficult.  I'm normally very active, so enforced inaction is very frustrating. On the other hand everything is too much effort.

Today it all hit me & I feel very sorry for myself. Up till now I've been more focussed on the pain & just getting through each day. I am so cross that my life has been impacted so much by someone else's thoughtlessness. I've been trying to find out exactly what happened last Monday from witnesses. It now seems possible I might have been lying unconcious for an hour or so before I was found.


The irony of the fact that I have had an accidental head injury is not lost on me, given how my husband died. Had my INR been high, (it has been 9.7) the consequences of this would have been really bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment