Search This Blog

Friday 10 March 2017

Concussion Repercussions.

4 days on from the head injury - still can't remember anything about Monday. But the swelling has gone down considerably & the pain is significantly reduced, so I only have to take pain killers at night to be able to sleep. The range of movement in the shoulder is very limited, so I have to help the arm to move with the other hand - dressing & showering is difficult. I couldn't drive. Not only because of the concussion, but also because I couldn't change gear.

I tried walking into Summertown this morning to get some pills & food - Extremely slow. My legs feel like lead & I was tired out when I got back. Resuming swimming obviously isn't going to happen any time soon. My whole life has been halted.

On the way I went into the Wine Cafe to thank I, who apparently found me. She wasn't there, but the owner of the car, R, was, so I have got her details. Obviously she came face to face with my injuries, but she didn't ask how I was, what had happened at the hospital, what treatment I've had / will need. Nothing. Nada. Rien. She did accept that the car shouldn't have been parked as it was, but no apology or concern whatsoever.

Yesterday friends said the accident should be reported & I should take this further because there could possibly be long term effects given my age & the injury. (Wish I knew a lawyer). I am a member of Which Legal so have sent them an email to ask advice.

Suing wouldn't be my natural course of action. The woman was moving into a flat above the Wine Cafe, I think it must be a new job. She was rushing because she was late for her shift. We can all make mistakes. Accidents happen. I just find her attitude to the pain, disruption & cost of all this to me & everyone involved quite unbelievable. She was happy to give me her insurance details & seems to think that's the extent of her responsibility.

Maybe it's an age thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment