Search This Blog

Thursday 12 May 2016

Displacement Activity & Procrastination

I have got a very well equipped "Arty Farty" room. My Main at college was Art / Textiles. When I was at home as a young mother in Ascot I exhibited my work & actually sold some & had commissions for special pieces. All through my life I have been creative in fits & starts.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Creativity

Unfortunately I let my organised, competetive, work oriented, self take over from my free thinking, experimental, creative self, (which apparently isn't to do with Left / Right brain thinking as I thought).

http://www.livescience.com/39373-left-brain-right-brain-myth.html
Whatever causes the conflict I have allowed myself to be distracted from creativity in the artistic sense for years.

I have now spent a couple of days in my Arty Farty room with a view to taking myself in hand. Nothing in the least creative has emerged. I have made a list of themes I want to explore. I have gone through my extensive library of art books & a pile is waiting for the charity shop. I'm looking through my collection of source material acquired over years. I'm also looking at all the artists materials I own.

I will be ruthless. I will not be confused by too much. Less is more. I will get round to actually making something creative. Soon. Maybe.

PS
The room is finished & ready. There's no excuse. I'm about to go away for a mini break, so when I get back there will be time. There won't be any excuse for procrastination. It's all in the mind. Why is it so hard? 

No comments:

Post a Comment