Search This Blog

Wednesday 28 January 2015

My Wren Living kitchen - Finale

It's well over a year since I signed the contract  for my Wren Living kitchen. Apart from the unacceptable overrun and all the problems I had to deal with, and have blogged about in this strand, there has been a lengthy issue of compensation.

I took legal advice after getting an offer from the Directors which equated to £35 per week for the 17 weeks the installation took to completion. The lawyer said there was a case to answer & this wasn't enough - I should get in the region of £2,000. To cut a long & boring story short, the company played "hardball" despite the fact that I threatened legal action in the County Court. I stood to lose the paltry £600 on offer.

Life is too short if you are 70. I've been through the Court loop before & it's very time consuming & depends on the Judge & intricacies of case law. There is always another way to view an issue, however just your cause. I felt I had wasted enough time on Wren Living. There are more things in life than winning.

That is a major step forward for me. If I feel strongly about fairness I normally fight to the end. Now I don't need the money. I have more enjoyable things to do with my time. Facing up to a company or person with limitless resources & no moral compass is fine if you are young and fit. I'm neither of those things. Time to let go and move on.

But - I do believe in Karma. Our actions and non actions define who we are and we all eventually pay a price for "bad actions".




No comments:

Post a Comment