Search This Blog

Thursday 15 January 2015

Being 70

It's my birthday today and 70 years have silently crept up on me, catching me unawares.

I have accumulated a big database, but unfortunately there is a system malfunction & the computer crashes quite frequently, meaning I can't access the info. I have memory add on's so the Ram capacity is really good. Unfortunately it isn't possible to download everything onto an external hard drive for immediate access.

Sadly the hardware is outdated & well past it's sell by date. It is no longer possible to upgrade to a newer system. There are so many glitches & gremlins now that the whole system has slowed down to the point where it is very frustrating. It is no longer possible to empty the re-cycle bin & create more space & speed. Replacement parts are not an option either.

It would be good if Geeks somewhere were working on these problems, but as is the way with technology they are busy devising ever more complicated & efficient newer models.

There's no escape. I have to admit I'm an outdated model.

No comments:

Post a Comment