Search This Blog

Sunday 13 February 2011

Life

No one warns you what getting older is like, if they did you'd make sure you lived every day, doing only what you really want to do. Imagine the impact of that on society! There are no "TOP TIPS" or road maps. It's not a fun subject in this youth obsessed, superficial world.

So I'm going to tell you what it's like for me. Here I sit losing my mind & minding my loss. All the things I relied on - physical fitness, an attractive face & body, competence - are in decline. But there are compensations. I say "no". I do what I want to. I enjoy the company of real friends & discard the toxic friends who are so obsessed with themselves they don't even ask me what I have been doing & how I am.

Come with me on a journey into old age. Lets make it what we want it to be, something to enjoy & relish. Don't be an invisible "grey" shadow of your former self. You are a child of the 60's a "baby boomer". Just think what we have experienced & achieved.

No comments:

Post a Comment