Search This Blog

Saturday 19 February 2011

Banks & Insurances

I am so p..... off with Banks. I have just wasted huge amounts of my time trying to get an error made by Santander on my current account sorted. The problem has been on going since December. This is the 3rd major complaint with this bank. Writing, emailing, phoning has no effect - The communications drop into a black hole. No wonder we are in the current financial mess in the Western World if my experience is typical of their competence. Once they sort it satisfactorily I'm off to a bank that understands that it's my money & I expect good customer service.

Ditto Insurance policies, but for a different reason. Why do I have to go through the time wasting nausea of comparison websites in order to get a reasonable price for insurance? Why are there so many variables that it's impossible to ensure that you are getting "like for like quotes"? Why don't Insurers check their prices against the competition for a range of different customers & ensure that they are offering similar policies for similar premiums? There are still  people who have the outmoded concept of loyalty to a company & naively imagine that the company reciprocates. So the companies rely on these customers inertia and have no concept of offering value for money at the market price.

There is more to life than this - but if you don't want to be ripped off you have no choice. Oh for the simpler life of previous generations. 

No comments:

Post a Comment