Search This Blog

Thursday 24 February 2011

Blind as a Bat

I'm having cataract surgery on the 1st March. Have to say I feel a bit squeamish about it. However the nurse at the pre op assessment was very reassuring - I won't feel a thing & better still won't be able to see a scalpel coming towards my eye. (No scalpels really - don't worry). My eye will be fully anaesthetised & my head will be under a little tent. 20 minutes tops. Isn't that a little miracle. The main problem is that I won't be able to drive for up to 2 weeks & can't swim for 4 weeks while I have to put drops in my eyes because of the danger of infection. But at the end of it I will be able to see the world in all it's glory. God bless the NHS - I'm having the head Consultant & the wait was very short. We just don't appreciate how lucky we are in the UK.  

No comments:

Post a Comment