Search This Blog

Saturday 10 April 2021

Reasons to be Cheerful

 Are you positive or negative, glass half full or glass half empty, a radiator or a drain? I always believe I can do anything I set my mind to. I project what the worst case scenario is, but understand that the chances of it happening are slight. Mostly I believe that things turn out to be for the best. Possibly not what I thought I wanted to happen, but one door closes & another opens.

I simply can't do anything but recognise how fortunate I am in comparison with so many people today. So if I have a setback I have to put it in that context. A setback is an opportunity to learn something.

Now I'm sounding too much like an American self help guru!

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/86/08/24/8608248f27cb41385ccbda2ae83a8275.jpg

The point is there are many "Reasons to be Cheerful"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1injh4-n1jY&list=RD1injh4-n1jY&start_radio=1&t=0&ab_channel=IanDury%26TheBlockheads 

I love this - Dury was a poet, but it's the jolly rhythm that really cheers. Maybe what we all need to do, especially after this last few years of recession, Brexit & Covid, is really try to think of our own...

Reasons to be Cheerful.

Once you start, I'm sure, like me, you will find quite a few. Isn't sunshine better than dwelling in the dark cave of gloom & despond? Positivity generates action & cheerfulness. 

Nothing good comes out of negativity.


No comments:

Post a Comment