Search This Blog

Friday 16 April 2021

Following my Blog

Apparently Google is discontinuing the  FollowByEmail widget (FeedBurner) in July 2021. After July 2021, my feed will still continue to work, but the automated emails to subscribers will no longer be supported. 

Afraid I don't understand the instructions to export my email subscribers to a CSV, which is what I'm supposed to do. 

Google is making Blogging much more complicated. First they removed Google +. Now they are removing FeedBurner. It is really disappointing & frustrating. They don't provide any substitute for readers to follow a Blog.

So I will continue to Blog, but I'm sorry the onus will be on my readers to check Senile Sealion to see what I have published. I do post to Facebook, Twitter & Pinterest.

I do hope I don't loose you.

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS_HjcDG_W_Wh_XmEmD57bkb1upHQPjlY0-_Q&usqp=CAU

 

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for the suggestions. Just spent ages trying to do it with Follow it, but lost the will to live! It seems easy with wordpress, but not with Blogger.

    ReplyDelete