Search This Blog

Sunday 25 April 2021

Ducks in a Row

My ducks have minds of their own & won't conform in any way at all. I'm trying to juggle buying, selling, renting & renovating three houses. It's just taken over my life. I still haven't exchanged contracts.

Baby Ducks in a row : pics

My brilliant idea of buying a caravan to live in on site probably won't work. I would possibly be in the way of the builders & getting WiFi, electricity, water & emptying the loo sorted would be difficult. Well beyond my capabilities to solve. I wouldn't know where to start.

Rental landlords are very reluctant to do a contract with a 6 month break clause, but I know I'll probably only be there for about 8 months. A year at most. Almost everything is tied into the academic year in Oxford. Once again I am surprised & appalled at the mass of paperwork involved in renting a property. It's pages & pages to plough through & try to assimilate. Have they never heard of "Key Facts"  summaries?

Life at the moment seems very complicated. 

I suppose the positive aspect is that at least I have had a project to occupy me for the last 19 months. I've mentally moved into 3 completely different houses now. I've not been bored while shielding, too much to do! Currently designing a sympathetic & Eco extension & complete internal renovation of a 1930's house is very interesting.

I just want those pesky ducks to stop messing about & line up nicely.


No comments:

Post a Comment