Search This Blog

Friday 30 April 2021

Ducks in a Row 2

Well things are progressing, but I have a very long list. Ducks everywhere, but some aligned. I either can't get to sleep, or I wake up in the middle of the night & my brain churns. Going to try meditating on a meaningless word. Your brain can't think of more than one thing at once - fact.

Finally exchanged  on Tuesday. Completion on the 21st. Rental ready on the 15th. So needed to do the important things first. Buildings & Contents insurance, Removals & Storage, Phone & Broadband transfer. A file of documents relating to this house for my buyer, who is coming on Wednesday. Still lots of other people to inform.....Stuff to go to charity shop.

Then there is the exhausting & time consuming packing to be done. With the added complication of half of my stuff going to store & half going to the rental. I have made a list of furniture & where it is going. I have a plan of the furniture in the rental. But I know, with absolute certainty, that there will be things I store that I should have taken with me. The good news is that I have access to my storage.

The whole process is very expensive - the temporary rental / contents insurance, stuff for the rental, insurance on the house I'm buying, storage...Then there are the costs of buying & doing up the new house - estate agent, solicitor, surveyor, removers, stamp duty... / architect, structural engineer, party wall surveyor, planning dept, builder, fixtures & fittings....

To be honest I'm trying not to think about the money. I'm focussing on my vision of what my house will be, hopefully by Christmas. It's a project - The closest I will get to building my own home. Future proof for the aged, senile, me. But also a house as sympathetic to eco needs as possible.

It's a challenge & there will be problems. I will get fed up with it all. But at the end of it I hope I will be pleased with what I have achieved, (with the help of a lot of people), & happy in my new home.

It's all a risk. The house might throw up problems I haven't envisaged. The house may not be worth what I have paid for it & then spent on it. But it isn't just property. I won't be taking it with me when I go.

It will be my home. My creation. The extension isn't going to be a pitched roof copy of the 1930's house. It's going to be a modern, 21st century annexe, made of 21st century materials. It's going to have a sedum & wildflower roof! I am so excited about that.

Pin by Dionne L. on Reality Whomever | Finding peace, True happiness, Note  to self

No comments:

Post a Comment