Search This Blog

Monday 27 May 2019

Following my Blog

I have only recently realised the implications of Google shutting down Google+. It means that all my friends who read my Blog don't get any notification when I do a new Post any more. They may think I no longer have anything to say - (surely not!) Or they may think I have died - (again probably not!)

Whatever they think, there only seem to be two ways of receiving or being notified of my new Blog Posts:-
  • Clicking on the link in my email signature at the bottom of my emails, (which obviously only works if I have sent you an email)
  • Going through a complicated palaver which I am about to outline.
The Blog is called Senile Sealion.


  1. When you open a Post go to the "Subscribe to" box in the top right hand side of the Post & click on the drop down arrow in "Posts".
  2. Then click on Netvibes & set up an account if you haven't already got one. (It may also work in the Yahoo link, but I haven't tried that).
  3. I signed in with Google, so it's linked. 
  4. The only thing I selected from the menu of things you could chose to be notified about was Womens Blogs. I don't want all the other dross that's in there.
  5. Then I put in Senile Sealion & Dashboarded it.
  6. So on my Dashboard I have a tab which says Interest - Senile Sealion. 
  7. It doesn't give me all the past posts, but I think it will show anything I do from now on.
This Post is by way of being a test. So if you have done all this,in which case you get the Carlill special medal for persistance,& you now get notification of this Post I will be well chuffed.
Image result for images for well done medals

If it doesn't work I have no idea what to do.

Do let me know - Hurray!!! Apparently it works. 

No comments:

Post a Comment