Search This Blog

Monday 13 May 2019

Fraud & Fraudsters

My Santander credit card has been hacked - again! It is really frustrating because the first thing the bank do if there is a suspicious transaction is stop the card. So you have to wait for a new one.  It therefore pays to have more than one card & account.

Banks have quite sophisticated fraud detecting software. My accounts are probably scrutinised more than average now. Banks are quite good at compensating card holders if any money has actually left the account fraudulently.

I simply don't get how my cards can have been hacked. https://www.makeuseof.com/tag/credit-card-fraud-works-stay-safe/

I keep mine in one of those supposedly protective aluminium boxes. I don't give my cards to anyone else. I do buy quite a lot on line though, but I look for the padlock sign & only go to reputable sites.

The trick is to act quickly to stop the fraudsters using the card. Banks now text to tell you there may be a problem & you text Y or N according to whether you recognise the payment.
https://www.rd.com/culture/credit-card-hackers/

The idea that there are rings of people all geared up to use your card as much as possible in as short a time as possible is a revelation to me.

Just think what the criminal mind could achieve if they put it to beneficial use.
Image result for Jokes about credit cards

1 comment: