Search This Blog

Wednesday 2 January 2019

Smile!

I have deep furrows from the sides of my nose & from the sides of my mouth. The downward trajectory has always been there, but is now more pronounced. My face, in repose, looks quite disapproving & severe. It isn't the face I want to present to the world. It doesn't represent the way I feel.

I would prefer a calm or happy face.
I have been deliberately smiling at complete strangers for a while now. It works - They smile back. It's such a small thing to do, but it is very potent. Even if I'm making a complaint about something I try to smile. The complaint is rarely directed at the person I'm speaking to, so it isn't personal.

Smiling is good for the person who smiles & for the person who is smiled at.

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/changepower/201605/the-9-superpowers-your-smile

I think that in this world of ours, if we all made a conscious effort to smile, things would improve. You can't shout at someone if you are smiling. I doubt you could attack someone physically while smiling. Arguing while smiling seems counter intuitive.

Smiling & being polite & considerate costs nothing & takes no time at all. We seem to have forgotten how interact & behave well socially. We have become too busy & self obsessed. 

Look up as you walk around, make eye contact, smile. Even - horror of horrors - talk to strangers. Let's all make it a habit. The world would be a better place. 

😁😃😊 Lots of us send emojis - How much better to have a real smiley face. 

No comments:

Post a Comment