Search This Blog

Tuesday 22 January 2019

Parallel Universe

I am about to be very Politically Incorrect. I don't care. Blame it on old age & being a grumpy old woman.

I have decided that enforcement sanctions are failing for some people, who for a variety of reasons, designated by me, should not be allowed the luxury of living alongside the more socially minded who have some sort of moral compass. So I'm consigning them to a Parallel Universe.

It's my version of the TV programme "Room 101" but with more bite.

So, I would consign:-
  • Verbally & physically abusive people. That seems to encompass various sins, so it's a question of degree & frequency.
  • Grumpy old men & women - but obviously not me.
  • People who simply cannot see the bright side of anything. Negativity really gets me down. (I would exclude from this people who are clinically depressed of course).
  • People who think sarcasm is clever, especially when directed at children.
  • People who are unable to wait their turn. Don't they realise most Brits queue patiently?
  • People who think it is their right to park their cars, vans & lorries exactly where they like often obstructing pavements.
  • People who don't keep their trees & hedges pruned so passing pedestrians end up walking into branches or having no space to walk.
  • Cyclists who weave in & out of pedestrians on the pavement.
  • People who seem to think that the person on the end of their mobile is deaf. Also add people on mobiles who don't look where they are going when walking.
  • People who generally don't acknowledge a letter, text, email or present - manners cost nothing.
  • Children who squander their opportunities, especially education. They could be sent to any developing country to see just how lucky they are & how much those who don't have free education value it & work hard.
  • Similarly anyone who doesn't value our NHS. With all it's faults we are very lucky to have it.
  • Politicians who are self interested & don't plan for the long term future, only the next election.
  • People who do not accept that Global Warming is happening & is man made.
  • People who don't respect the beautiful & complex biosphere we inhabit & are destroying it.
All, I'm afraid, would not be allowed to live in my world should I become a benign Dictator. All I really ask is that people should be kind, considerate & respectful. But that seems to be going out of fashion.

Or possibly I am going out of fashion, so I imagine that readers will be pleased that I'm not in charge.
Image result for Grumpy old woman jokes 

No comments:

Post a Comment