Search This Blog

Friday 11 March 2016

A New Ensuite - 9

Friday

Bad news - the job won't be finished today. RH will have to come back on Monday. I really can't believe that a small ensuite bathroom can go into a 4th week.

Good news - All of the rubbish in my car port is being collected today so I can go and get my car back from my daughters. The ensuite is much, much better than the badly planned, dark, cramped one which is now consigned to the dump - Good design by AK. Good work by RH.

Middling news - My cleaners can't come until Tuesday anyway. So if I want to move back into my own bedroom, & I do, I'll have to make an effort to do some meaningful cleaning myself.

Spent ages vacuuming the dust in my bedroom & the corridor. RH had done a clear out, but the dust gets everywhere. All the stuff RH needs on Monday is in the ensuite. Then made up my bed.  Have to use the bathroom along the corridor or the ensuite in the spare bedroom though.


















Saturday

Vacuumed the stairs & downstairs. Washed the sheets from the spare room. Too much - reminds me why I need cleaners!

Sunday

Readers beware. I have just discovered what may be a major problem. I texted RH to remind him I need electrical / plumbing completion certificates. See the government reg's below.
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/433759/150604_Building_Work_Leaflet_amended_version.pdf

He says he has never issued them, so I assume he isn't a "registered competent person". As he is the person recommended by the bathroom design & supply company it never crossed my mind there might be a problem.
I have no idea what will happen now!

No comments:

Post a Comment