Search This Blog

Saturday 9 August 2014

Life's Little Pleasures

What should come under this heading is something less mundane than my pleasures this week. The carpenter has been & done my skirtings & built a cupboard to hide all the electric wiring for surround sound stereo the previous owner "kindly" left in the sitting room. Simultaneously the decorator has been sanding & oiling all the ash woodwork in the house. That will all be finished on Monday.

That means the window cleaner can come on Wednesday & thoroughly clean all the windows, inside & out - A ray of sunshine in every sense. They obviously haven't been cleaned for years & are covered with a film of sawdust from the kitchen fitting & skirtings. I will be really pleased not to have to look through the layer of grime & not be ashamed of dirty windows.

I'm waiting for the cleaning company to give me a date to deep clean the house. It's going to take 2 people the best part of a day. The bathrooms alone will take ages. But I will have sparkling clacium free taps - at last.

Then, oh joy, oh bliss, I can finally sort out the cupboards in the corridor & kitchen & hopefully remember where everything is! The kitchen surfaces are currently completely covered with china, glass & various ornaments. Having a completely finished kitchen is great. It only took 27 weeks & 3 days!

Whilst not being particularly houseproud, it will be nice to feel the house is finally done. It's only taken a year!

What will I do with myself now?

No comments:

Post a Comment