Search This Blog

Thursday 28 November 2013

The rocky road of ups & downs.

I had a lovely morning yesterday. Maryon, (daughter) came to help me decide which pictures to hang where. Not as easy as you may imagine if you have a blank canvas of white walls on 3 floors. Do you group? How / what are the criteria for grouping? What are your favourite pictures to go in the most used areas? Which pictures have sentimental value? Will the light damage the picture, it it too dark to see it properly? Pictures say as much about you as books. You definitely need more than one person making the choices, if only so someone can hold the pictures up.

I reckon we possibly ended up deciding on nearly half of my pictures. Either today or tomorrow, my helpful maintenance man Mike will come to put the chosen ones up - maybe. Knowing that involved a top to bottom search of the house to find where I had put the picture hooks! I'm really looking forward to seeing the pictures in place now. Especially the Buddhist Thangka painting I brought back from working in Nepal. That will be a while yet because the removers broke the frame & it's at the framers.

Mike is a bit of a life saver. Having discovered that the leak from the flat roof had come through again in the study, despite Mr C's assurance that it was from the ensuite & had been fixed. Mike inspected the whole upper floor and agreed it was the roof not the ensuite. He went away & turned up with a length of plastic guttering to take the water from the down pipe away from the corner where the leak is. It's only a temporary fix while I await a response to yet another letter to Mr C. (A completely futile hope going on past experience, but I may need a "paper trail"). I wouldn't have thought of the solution, so I am immensely grateful.

I am moving forward - slowly.


No comments:

Post a Comment