Search This Blog

Monday 23 May 2011

Chance - Carpe Diem

I met a male friend of a friend 2 weeks ago at the theatre. Nice man, widower, just out of a 2 year realationship. Encouraged by my friend I emailed him to see if he would be interested in a friendship. Although I would say I'm fairly assertive, I've never done anything like that before in my life. But I feel that if I don't make an effort & "Carpe Diem" my life will slip away.

A chance meeting may lead to someone to share doing things with, but one needs to be pro active. Grab life by the neck, not sit at home alone. So while he decides whether this would be right for him I have just signed on to a Saga singles website. I would never  have anticipated doing that!

However it just makes you realise that there are a huge number of single people out there, all ages, all shapes & sizes, all backgrounds - all looking for someone to share their lives. We humans are social animals, we are programmed to live in groups, not isolated. Our society has become quite disfunctional because of a range of factors which have led to more and more people living alone.

What is the point of being able to talk if there is little conversation? What is the point of having an out going & giving personality if there is no one to share doing things with. Regular, close, human contact, physical & emotional, is vital to most of us. So most of us are at our best in a shared relationship, whatever form that might take.

So I'm not looking for a handsome prince - just an ordinary, nice, single, man who I can be a friend to and be friends with. Actually, a single woman would do.

No comments:

Post a Comment