Search This Blog

Monday 4 May 2020

Corona - Change & Books

This has been one of the most radical changes in my daily routine in the whole of my life. I only go out as far as my carport to put the rubbish out, or stand in the doorway, at the appropriate distance, to talk to people who visit. I am communicating a lot more via phone, text, email & Zoom. I have no physical contact with anyone at all. I have lost  the comfort boosting effect of hugging.
https://www.healthline.com/health/hugging-benefits#3
Apparently a good hug should last for 20 seconds. A hug a day keeps the doctor away!
https://cfcdn.zulily.com/images/cache/product/452x1000/334172/zu70989290_main_tm1551455359.jpg

Currently I'm reading two books simultaneously. It's good to be trasported to another persons world during isolation & I love crime fiction. So Donna Leon's "Earthly Remains" has taken me to the Venetian Laguna & the life of "Puparin" rowers on the water. It is also a comparison between the simple rural life of the outer Venetian islands in comparison to the urban city life of Brunetti the detective.
https://trulyvenice-static.kxscdn.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/puparin-1-1170x582.jpg 
The second book is "A New Earth"  by Eckhart Tolle. This is all about change of a different kind. The change we should consider making in ourselves & the world we live in. This is a very apposite message in the "Time of Corona". "We all think too much, seek too much, want too much & forget the joy of just being". We should "let go of fear, anxiety & the eternal quest for more". It tackles the current state of humanity. If there is one thing that Covid 19 is giving us it is the chance to think & to change.

The Corona virus is an opportunity. It has catapulted us into a strange new reality. I've no idea whether this is a grand "Master Plan" of the universe or simply yet another of Man's "cock ups". Probably the latter. Whatever! - we should welcome the opportunities for change we have been given.




No comments:

Post a Comment